Drew Taylor said:
And back to perl...

Last night I installed the "Complete Mysql" package from Apple's Unix
software page
(http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/unix_open_source/completemysql.html).
I previously had some version of mysql installed, but blew it all away
before installing this new package. Now, when I'm trying to install
DBD::mysql again I get the below error. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I should note that my previous install of mysql & DBD::mysql worked
fine. The commandline mysql client also works correctly.
Ok, I got it working. And for the archives here's what I did. First, read
the INSTALL doc that comes with DBD::mysql because that put me on the
right direction. :-)

/Library/MySQL/bin/mysql_config --cflags --libs
-I'/Library/MySQL/include/mysql'
-L'/Library/MySQL/lib/mysql' -lmysqlclient -lz -lm

perl Makefile.PL --cflags=-I'/Library/MySQL/include/mysql'
--libs="-L/Library/MySQL/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -lz -lm"

make && make test (all tests pass)

Drew Taylor * Web app development & consulting
drew@drewtaylor.com * Site implementation & hosting
www.drewtaylor.com * perl/mod_perl/DBI/mysql/postgres

groupmacosx @
categoriesperl