On Sun, 17 Sep 2006, Henri Asseily wrote:

This is a good way for handling a few potentially long-running queries, but
forking each time means that you create a new dbh each time, correct? That's
impossibly slow for environments like high-volume webservers.
Right. And a few long-running queries is exactly what I plan to use
it for! It would be nice to have something that could prevent any
query from running long, but what I really need is to have a way to
time-out the few obvious problem-children.
Some kind of a DBI::Pool on the process level, basically. With a
parent process that manages the pool of DBI processes, which can be
killed by a calling process when the query takes too long.
Patches welcome. It's overkill for my app, but I can see the value of
it.

-sam

groupdbi-users @
categoriesperl