I have the following error message when I try to connect to Oracle 10g DB
from perl in Linux. Could you please help me.

Best Regards
Fuat Anat

install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load
'/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so'
for module DBD::Oracle: libclntsh.so.10.1: Kann die Shared-Object-Datei
nicht öffnen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
at (eval 1) line 3
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected
at ./conn.pl line 18

My program is like following

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
# the -w turns on various warnings
use strict; # always code strictly or you'll be sorry!
use DBI;

# create a database handle. the syntax for this is very flexible.
# the quoted string second argument is of the form USERNAME/PASSWORD.
# if the username is "scott" and the password is "tiger", then
# the second parameter would be "scott/tiger".
# if you want to connect using OS authentication as the current
# unix id then you can omit the username and the password but
# leave the slash, so the parameter would then be "/" (as shown).

my $data_source = 'dbi:Oracle:myDB';
my $username = 'user';
my $password = 'pwd';

my $dbh = DBI->connect($data_source, $username, $password)
or die "Database connection not made: $DBI::errstr";

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

groupdbi-users @
categoriesperl
postedNov 9, '05 at 8:40p