Of course! I don't know what I was thinking. Thank you for your quick
response.
On Apr 12, 2005, at 5:54 AM, Thilo Planz wrote:

Well after I finally got DBI installed on Mac OS X I made a quick
test script. I then tested it out from the terminal and debugged it.
It works! I then tried it on my Apache server, same system same
database. This time, however I get a 500 error. In the error log I
see this line:

[Tue Apr 12 05:34:26 2005] [error] [client 24.238.83.11] malformed
header from script. Bad header=11, 2004, 13, Salt and Pepper :
/Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/useDB.cgi

Actually, your script works.
It says "11, 2004, 12, Salt and Pepper" which seems to be coming out
of your database.

What you need to do is print a CGI header before printing anything
else:
use CGI qw(:standard);
use strict;
print CGI->header;

If you do not do this, Apache does not know what to do with the output.

Here is a good CGI tutorial:

http://users.easystreet.com/ovid/cgi_course/

Cheers,

Thilo
Bruce Martin
The Martin Solution
PO Box 644
Delaware Water Gap, PA
(570) 421-0670
bruce@martinsolution.com

groupdbi-users @
categoriesperl
postedApr 12, '05 at 9:39a
activeApr 12, '05 at 10:02a
websitedbi.perl.org

2 users in discussion

Bruce Martin: 2 posts Thilo Planz: 1 post