From: Hernan Arredondo
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 11:11 AM
To: dbi-users@perl.org
Subject: New in DBI

Hi all, I'm new in DBI and I'm really stuck, some can explain me this code:

use DBI;

my $dbh = DBI->connect( 'dbi:Oracle:db',
'$username',
'$passwd',
) or die "$DBI::errstr";
EOF

its supposed I get a connection with that ?

'dbi:Oracle:db' -> this is the driver and the database associated,
where I can config the host where the Oracle DB resides ?

Please excuse if my question is stupid but I search in the docs and
nothing about this is explained....

Hernan Dario A.

--
No matter how fast processors get,
software consistently finds new ways to eat up the extra speed

groupdbi-users @
categoriesperl
postedJan 13, '05 at 7:11p
activeJan 13, '05 at 7:50p