From: Hernan Arredondo
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 12:11 PM
To: dbi-users@perl.org
Subject: New in DBI

Hi all, I'm new in DBI and I'm really stuck, some can explain me this code:

use DBI;

my $dbh = DBI->connect( 'dbi:Oracle:db',
'$username',
'$passwd',
) or die "$DBI::errstr";
EOF

its supposed I get a connection with that ?

'dbi:Oracle:db' -> this is the driver and the database associated,
where I can config the host where the Oracle DB resides ?

Please excuse if my question is stupid but I search in the docs and
nothing about this is explained....

Hernan Dario A.

--
No matter how fast processors get,
software consistently finds new ways to eat up the extra speed

sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by

groupdbi-users @
categoriesperl
postedJan 13, '05 at 7:11p
activeJan 13, '05 at 7:50p