Hi all,
I am new to the list so forgive me if this was just discussed. I am
trying to set up PERL under apache to use a mysql database. When I try
to install the dbd from cpan I get this message:

Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL
line 174.
readline() on closed filehandle PIPE at Makefile.PL line 176.
Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL
line 174.
readline() on closed filehandle PIPE at Makefile.PL line 176.
Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL
line 174.
readline() on closed filehandle PIPE at Makefile.PL line 176.
Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL
line 174.
readline() on closed filehandle PIPE at Makefile.PL line 176.
Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL
line 174.
readline() on closed filehandle PIPE at Makefile.PL line 176.
Failed to determine directory of mysql.h. Use

perl Makefile.PL --cflags=-I<dir>

to set this directory. For details see the INSTALL.html file,
section "C Compiler flags" or type

perl Makefile.PL --help
Running make test
Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't test
Running make install
Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't install
Running install for module DBD::mysql
Running make for R/RU/RUDY/DBD-mysql-2.9004.tar.gz
Is already unwrapped into directory
/Users/Bruce/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-2.9004
Makefile.PL returned status 512
Running make test
Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't test
Running make install
Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't install
Bundle summary: The following items in bundle Bundle::DBD::mysql had
installation problems:
Mysql DBD::mysql

What is the cure to this problem. I am running Mac OS X.

Bruce Martin
The Martin Solution
PO Box 644
Delaware Water Gap, PA