DBD::Informix 0.95 introduced the internal tables function; no-one
should still be using any earlier versions of DBD::Informix than
1.00.PC1, so the 'sad hack' can go - especially since it actually
doesn't work reliably for Informix anyway.

I note that the DBI (v1.42 RC1, but I don't think it changed) version
does not handle schema names containing quotes:

CREATE TABLE """""".blanketyblank (...);

This is a valid table called blanketyblank owned by (belonging to
schema) double-quote, double-quote in an ISO-compliant SQL database.
Granted, that's kinda esoteric, but if you're worrying about quoting
stuff just in case, hadn't you better worry about all the cases that
might just occur?

--
Jonathan Leffler (jleffler@earthlink.net, jleffler@us.ibm.com)
#include <disclaimer.h>

groupdbi-users @
categoriesperl
postedAug 3, '04 at 4:40a
activeAug 3, '04 at 9:32a
websitedbi.perl.org

2 users in discussion

Tim Bunce: 1 post Jonathan Leffler: 1 post