Hi, I hope this isn't a dumb question. I searched the mailing list as well as
the web via Google and couldn't find anything...

I'm wondering if there's an equivalent in DBD::Oracle to SQL*Plus's "set
serveroutput off". I have to run a number of pl/sql procs that use
dbms_output. I am familiar with the code to enable dbms_output calls as well
as actually reading the output back. The problem is that some of these stored
procedures use dbms_output for debugging, and the output exceeds the 1,000,000
byte buffer limit, causing a buffer overflow.

I have tried to run the same procedures without enabling dbms_output calls and
without doing any dbms_output_get's, and while I do not receive the output
anymore, I still get buffer overflows from them, so it appears that the server
output is still occurring. I know that I can run the same procs in SQL*Plus
without errors by typing "set serveroutput off". Can I achieve the same thing
in DBD::Oracle?

I realize that the better solution is to not have dbms_output used for
debugging like this, but I have little control over the pl/sql developers...

Much Thanks,
Dan