On 28 February 2016 at 00:06, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
<ribasushi> perhaps rethinking "Meta for end-user install purposes" and
"Meta for meta" would solve most of the recent repeated breakages by "oh
downstream doesn't like this new thingymagic"
+1

I've been frustrated by this myself, the large amounts of auxilliary
data just makes decoding the META needlessly complicated.

And its amplified by Dzil needlessly documenting both install-relevant
and not-install-relevant data in *both* META.yml and META.json ( esp:
x_Dist_Zilla )

I've even compensated by using a YAML generator filter that excludes
x_* just to reduce my dist-size.

And this seems even more relevant in a static-install future where all
install is META driven.

groupcpan-workers @
categoriesperl
postedFeb 27, '16 at 11:07a