I think “has a META.yml or META.json” is worth keeping in
I'm surprised this one is being discussed at all. IMO, not having a META
file should disqualify the distribution from being considered at all. At
Berlin last year we talked about making it mandatory, and held off "for
now" so the outliers could be fixed. Having META should be non-negotiable
for a well-formed CPAN distribution.