On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 11:05:03PM +0000, Neil Bowers wrote:
At the London Perl Workshop I gave a talk on the CPAN River, and how development and release practices
should mature as a dist moves up river. This was prompted by the discussions we had at Berlin earlier
this year.
Writing the talk prompted a bunch of ideas, one of which is having a “water quality” metric, which
gives some indication of whether a dist is a good one to rely on (needs a better name).
I've no idea if this is useful, but https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbidity says

     Turbidity is the cloudiness or haziness of a fluid caused by large
     numbers of individual particles that are generally invisible to the
     naked eye, similar to smoke in air. The measurement of turbidity is a
     key test of water quality.

Maybe someone can riff on that, or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_quality

Tim.

groupcpan-workers @