On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 2:36 PM, Eric Wilhelm wrote:
The uppercase INTEGER.pm does not actually exists (even though the
broken fs is saying yes to -e)?  If so, this is a bug in the cpan shell
(albeit one which requires a big workaround to deal with the broken
fs.)
I'm not sure there is a reasonable solution this. The answer to the
question, "Is the XYZ module installed?" is to search @INC for
"XYZ.pm". On an case insensitive file system, "xyz.pm" or "xYz.pm" or
"XYZ.PM" all match.

The only "answer" I can see would be to prohibit module indexing
unless module files have case-folded unique names, and even then we've
hit issues with things like "version.pm" and Version::Requirements,
where it isn't the file name but the path name at issue.
Perhaps ExtUtils::Install should refuse to overwrite a file of differing
case?
How could it tell?

-- David

groupcpan-workers @