On Thu, 16 Jun 2011, David Precious wrote:

Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 10:54:23 +0100
From: David Precious <david.precious@uk2.net>
To: cpan-workers@perl.org
Cc: Henk P. Penning <henkp@cs.uu.nl>, Pedro Melo <melo@simplicidade.org>
Subject: Re: new instant mirroring client
On Thursday 16 June 2011 10:44:51 Henk P. Penning wrote:
Iim is an alternative for rrr-client ; it does the same thing.

Iim has some features I missed in rrr-client : quick startup,
sparse logging, a daemon mode, a simple config file, etc.
Should mirrors currently testing rrr-client switch to iim, then? In other
words, is it intended to replace rrr-client before instant-update mirroring
goes live?
Hi David,

at best, 'iim' could be an alternative for 'rrr-client' ;
it is just another rrr client ; it is not a replacement
for anything.

If/when 'iim' is tested a little more (and everybody likes it :-),
then 'iim' could be mentioned on the 'instant mirroring' page
as an alternative for 'rrr-client'.

For now, I would just really appreciate some feedback on 'iim'.
David Precious
Groeten,

HPP

Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta R Uithof WISK-412 _/ \_
Faculty of Science, Utrecht University T +31 30 253 4106 / \_/ \
Budapestlaan 6, 3584CD Utrecht, NL F +31 30 253 4553 \_/ \_/
http://people.cs.uu.nl/henkp/ M penning@cs.uu.nl \_/

groupcpan-workers @
categoriesperl
postedJun 16, '11 at 8:03a