On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 11:47 AM, David Precious wrote:
On Thursday 16 June 2011 11:20:08 Henk P. Penning wrote:
at best, 'iim' could be an alternative for 'rrr-client' ;
it is just another rrr client ; it is not a replacement
for anything.

If/when 'iim' is tested a little more (and everybody likes it :-),
then 'iim' could be mentioned on the 'instant mirroring' page
as an alternative for 'rrr-client'.

For now, I would just really appreciate some feedback on 'iim'.
Fair enough - I'm already testing rrr-client (and finding it to work well), so
when I have sufficient tuits of circular shape, I'll try out iim alongside and
offer any feedback I can.
I can also start a iim run in parallel with rrr.

Incidentally, I've not seen any reports on the progress of instant mirroring
for a bit - have I mised anything?
I (and ambs) have cpan.perl.pt using rrr for some time now, and this
past weekend the promoted it to be the master mirror. So far (using
find . -type f, and diff) the differences are those to be expected. I
plan to double check with rsync -nav during the weekend and if no
problems are found, drop the rsync-based mirror.

backpan.perl.pt will keep a 6 hour lag over cpan.perl.pt.

Bye,
--
Pedro Melo
@pedromelo