On Jan 7, 2010, at 5:07 PM, Hans Dieter Pearcey wrote:

I was suggesting that you have a level of indirection between the PGAN client
and make so that it's easy to support both the current standard installer
(make) and whatever else might come in the future.
Oh, yeah, of course. Since I fully expect PostgreSQL to develop something in this department, it will be pluggable. What will come after make I don't know, but I expect it to change and will still want to support old stuff when it does.
Writing make is pretty easy. Writing something that writes make and shell and
whatever else is less so; that's what I was referring to.
Yeah, I want no part of that. ;-)

Best,

David

groupcpan-workers @