On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Zefram wrote:
David Golden wrote:
Perl 6 is coming. Some code in Perl 6 is already being uploaded to the
CPAN.  A new "language" field is an important part of the structure we need
to allow Perl 6 to reuse the existing CPAN
We certainly need something in this direction.  We should be clear
that each language has its own namespace for modules.  We should also
have a way to specify language as part of a dependency name, to manage
cross-language dependencies.  Doing those suggests that language could
be consistently stated in META as part of the module name, rather than
needing a separate field.
I think that's out of scope for this change. We need to fix
limitations of current META, not solve the broader CP6AN problem.

-David

groupcpan-workers @
categoriesperl
postedOct 9, '09 at 11:55a