Zefram wrote:
David Golden wrote:
Perl 6 is coming. Some code in Perl 6 is already being uploaded to the
CPAN. A new "language" field is an important part of the structure we need
to allow Perl 6 to reuse the existing CPAN
We certainly need something in this direction. We should be clear
that each language has its own namespace for modules. We should also
have a way to specify language as part of a dependency name, to manage
cross-language dependencies. Doing those suggests that language could
be consistently stated in META as part of the module name, rather than
needing a separate field.

-zefram
And what should distributions with a mix of languages do?

groupcpan-workers @
categoriesperl
postedOct 9, '09 at 11:55a
activeOct 12, '09 at 5:19a