On Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 07:54:51AM -0400, David Golden wrote:
29. Language

Proposal:

Perl 6 is coming. Some code in Perl 6 is already being uploaded to the
CPAN. A new "language" field is an important part of the structure we need
to allow Perl 6 to reuse the existing CPAN rather than to try to reinvent
the whole thing. My recommendation would be that this be an optional field
with an implicit value of 'perl5' --Jesse
While perl6 is arguably a different language from perl5,
isn't perl5.10 arguably a different language from perl5.0?

I don't object to a language field, but I think minimum version numbers,
no matter how major, belong elsewhere.

Tim.

groupcpan-workers @
categoriesperl