David Golden wrote:
29. Language

Proposal:

Perl 6 is coming. Some code in Perl 6 is already being uploaded to the
CPAN. A new "language" field is an important part of the structure we need
to allow Perl 6 to reuse the existing CPAN rather than to try to reinvent
the whole thing. My recommendation would be that this be an optional field
with an implicit value of 'perl5' --Jesse
I'm very strongly opposed to the implicit value at least. We can not
trust that the perl6 tools (and most importantly the humans using them)
will always DTRT. A wrongly indexed package in a different language can
cause a fair bit of mayhem. Instead, we should make this mandatory.
Remember that we're inventing a new spec. We can make things mandatory
if necessary.

Cheers,
Steffen

groupcpan-workers @