I have been running the previous release of App::cpanminus::reporter (0.12)
for quite some time because of this issue:

I have not run into the situation (as far as I know) where UNKNOWN reports
are reported as FAIL, either as a tester or an author, but it's quite
possible that I've overlooked these occurrences.