Oops. Forgot to reply-all.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Chad Granum" <exodist7@gmail.com>
Date: Nov 5, 2015 5:48 PM
Subject: Re: Lots of errors?
To: "Ben Bullock" <benkasminbullock@gmail.com>

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 2:03 AM, Ben Bullock wrote:

I've just received an email containing a huge number of errors which
claim to be from my module, but it seems like some big part of testing
infrastructure has suddenly broken, like "skip" is not working
correctly here:

http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/bebb2710-838e-11e5-baa7-b916e0bfc7aa
This first one seems to be a bug in how you are deciding to skip. I am
saying that because I can find examples from a long time ago on much older
versions of Test::More:

http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/0b2e5daa-40a7-11e4-bd2c-9366e0bfc7aa

because look, he also sent an email saying that he can't install
Image::PNG::Libpng:

http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/b459d8f2-7d8f-11e5-a85b-5dab850e5dbe
This one is not your issue. Someone appears to have installed a recent dev
release of Test-Simple that depends on Test::Stream, but has not installed
Test::Stream. I am not sure how this can happen apart from skipping tests,
or forcing while refusing to look at deps.

If he can't install Image::PNG::Libpng then he can't run the above
function since it is within a require/skip block:

SKIP: {
eval {
require Image::PNG::Libpng;
};
skip "No Image::PNG::Libpng", 2 if $@;

So that doesn't seem like my module's fault.

Also this report:

http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/2c5f9c14-7deb-11e5-a067-3e4f850e5dbe

seems like just something broke:

Can't locate Test/Stream/Sync.pm in @INC (you may need to install the
Test::Stre
am::Sync module) (@INC contains:
/tmp/cpan/build/Image-PNG-QRCode-0.05-1EjSkN/bl
ib/lib /tmp/cpan/build/Image-PNG-QRCode-0.05-1EjSkN/blib/arch
/home/arfreitas/pe
rl5/perlbrew/perls/perl-5.22.0/lib/site_perl/5.22.0/OpenBSD.i386-openbsd
/home/a
rfreitas/perl5/perlbrew/perls/perl-5.22.0/lib/site_perl/5.22.0
/home/arfreitas/
This is the same problem (and same tester), Test-Simple has been updated to
the dev releases, but did not also pull in Test::Stream. This is a problem
specific to the person generating these reports. I suspect this is
something that can only happen by manually making it happen, against all
inclinations of the typical tools.

There are more like that, or like this:

C:\strawberry\perl\bin\perl.exe "-MExtUtils::Command::MM"
"-MTest::Harness" "-e" "undef *Test::Harness::Switches;
test_harness(0, 'blib\lib', 'blib\arch')" t/*.t
t/compatibility.t ....... ok
Use of uninitialized value $bestmatch in array element at
C:\strawberry\cpan\build\Text-Fuzzy-0.22-BrRcnx\blib\lib/Text/Fuzzy.pm
line 133.
Use of uninitialized value $got in numeric eq (==) at (eval in cmp_ok)
t/fuzzy-index.t line 22.

http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/43f7aa84-6bf7-1014-b3a3-39c9755a1ef9
This last one is also fairly crazy, and can be ignored. The tester is using
a dev release from ages ago before toolchain had any input on the
Test::Stream architecture. It was a dev release expected to have bugs that
was only put out for people to play with to help find bugs. You can safely
ignore this one.

Again, sorry but it doesn't look like my module's error to me.

Thanks.

groupcpan-testers-discuss @
categoriesperl
postedNov 5, '15 at 10:03a