On Fri, Oct 02, 2015 at 10:18:10AM +0300, Gabor Szabo wrote:

my $test_pw = prompt("Shall I test with password? [y|N]", 'n');

This will default to 'n' if this is an unattended test or if
PERL_MM_USE_DEFAULT was set to true.

What I have not figured out yet is:
How to pass this information to the tests?
How to set an environment variable in Makefile.PL that will be seen during
the "make test" phase?
You might want to look at the hoops I jump through for Devel::CheckOS.
Depending on some stuff at Makefile.PL-time it writes some test files.
You could do that, or drop a file full of test settings somewhere and
have your test files read that.

--
David Cantrell | Minister for Arbitrary Justice

       Blessed are the pessimists, for they test their backups

groupcpan-testers-discuss @
categoriesperl
postedOct 2, '15 at 7:18a
activeOct 12, '15 at 6:57a
websitecpan.org

2 users in discussion

Gabor Szabo: 2 posts David Cantrell: 1 post