On 09/23/13 15:34, someone wrote:
Er "hash function" as in crypto hashing? a does:
H(string1 . string2) = f(H(string1), H(string2))
H(string1 . string2) = H(string1) op H(string2)
mean that
I'm looking for a hash function and a related function or operator such
that:
f(H(string1), H(string2)) = H(string1) op H(string2)
that is
sub f
{
my ($string1, $string2) = @_;
return $string1 op $string2;
}
Sorry, this sounds sort of homework-y so ...
Nope. I would have flunked out of a school that asks questions like
that. ;-)

I believe it's really math question, and I don't know the right math.
Implementation could be software or hardware.

As I understand it, the foundation of modern public-key cryptography is
the discrete modulus function, and what happens when it is applied to
prime numbers and to the products of prime numbers. I'm looking for
something like that -- e.g. an algebra for for hash functions when
applied to finite character streams.

David

groupbeginners @
categoriesperl