Hi Irfan,

thanks for trying Perl. A few comments on your code.
On Wednesday 01 Jun 2011 08:05:30 Irfan Sayed wrote:
Hi All,

I wrote perl script to draw html tables and send that html tables in mail .
i used two modules 1: html::tables and 2: mail::sendmail

but when i send mail , it never prints the actual table in the mail body

following is the code snippet,
Please properly capitalise your English text - as case is case-sensitive there
is no such module as "mail::sendmail".
use HTML::Table;
use Mail::Sendmail;
1. Add "use strict;" and "use warnings;" to the beginning:

http://perl-begin.org/tutorials/bad-elements/#no-strict-and-warnings
$table = new HTML::Table(2, 2);
print '<p>Start</p>';
print $table->getTable;
print '<p>End</p>';
1. Declare the variable using "my" to make "use strict;" happy.

[code]
my $table
[/code]

2. After that please avoid indirect-object notation:

http://perl-begin.org/tutorials/bad-elements/#indirect-object-notation

3. Your indentation is bad. the "prints" should be aligned to the strating
line - not in the middle.

4. You probably don't want to print this stuff to STODUT here. I don't know
what it does actually.
%mail = ( To => 'abc@abc.com',
From => 'abc@abc.com',
Message => "$table",
'content-type' => 'text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"',
);
1. Declare %mail using "my".

2. 'content-type' is probably improperly captalised.

3. The single-qoutes handling in this are bad.

4. Please use UTF-8 instead of iso-8859-1. We are in 2011, not 1990.
$mail{body} = $table;
You can put that inside the %mail.
$mail{smtp} = 'ustu-zone.relay.abc.com'; Likewise.
sendmail(%mail) or die $Mail::Sendmail::error;
print "OK. Log says:\n", $Mail::Sendmail::log;

plz suggest
From where did you learn Perl? This is very bad code.

Shlomi Fish