Hi Sayth,
On Friday 27 May 2011 07:20:30 Sayth Renshaw wrote:
Hi

Wanted to ask a question about practical beginners guides for perl. I
have found a read the baisc beginners guides here
http://www.perl.com/pub/2008/05/07/beginners-introduction-to-perl-510-part-
2.html.

I am looking for a practical guide something that says here is a
example tasks you'll want to achieve this is how its put together and
here a some ways to alter it change it etc using these language
features... there you go son have a crack. Really if a language
feature confuses me I can more than likely find a library reference to
refer to for that.
Maybe try my own "Perl for Perl Newbies":

http://perl-begin.org/tutorials/perl-for-newbies/

(Though it has some issues.)

There are other stuff referenced in the various pages of
http://perl-begin.org/ . The Perl cookbook should be interesting (but it's a
proprietary book).

Regards,

Shlomi Fish