On Sun, 2006-08-13 at 21:04 +0200, Dalibor Straka wrote:
Hi,

I'm writing a perl daemon with telnet interface. But here comes the
crunch time. I need to use <CR><LF> line breaks. Is there any better
auto-detect way than manualy switching to
$/ = $CRLF;
in every telnet session? The truth is, that i(they) have a badly
behaved php skript simulating a telnet session. It doesn't send
crlf nor accept it. Thus send/received text is shifted.

BTW: Isn't it better to create another interface for computers?
Easier without waiting/asking, immediately closed after the last
output line is send.
I don't understand what you are trying to do.

If you want your perl script to send crlf all the time you could simply
be explicit `print "\r\n";`

If you want to receive data that may or may not have crlf strip it on
input

$line = <>;
$line =~ s/[\r\n]*$//;

Ta
Ken

groupbeginners @
categoriesperl
postedAug 13, '06 at 7:04p
activeAug 13, '06 at 11:24p
websiteperl.org

2 users in discussion

Ken Foskey: 1 post Dalibor Straka: 1 post