HI,

I am using Telnet.pm module to telnet to a SUN machine.

1. When I run simple unix commands, the command times out.

2. We have another CLI (Command line Interface ) for some utility which also allows me to run unix commands by setting the path as PATH=$UPATH.
So first I have to give the CLI command(thru telnet module) to enter the utility prompt. There I set the path by PATH=$UPATH. Then I run unix commands and I get the output.

In case no. 1, normal unix commads are timed out. I feel that the shell which gets spawned by the telnet module is not getting initialised with the environment variables properly. Even if I give the full path of the unix command it does not run.

Can anyone tell me what mistake I might be doing ?

Regards
Rajeev

groupbeginners @
categoriesperl