Smith Jeff D wrote:

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for
using the Mail::Mailer module. I have two questions:

I have a simple script to mail log files to systems administrators using
Mail::Mailer --that works fine as it is.

1. Date/Timestamp modification: But I notice that if I pass today's date to
the Mailer using using the "localtime(time)" function, the date that
appears on my email system shows the correct date but a time that's 4 hours
earlier. I thought that maybe it was correcting the time to GMT but this
timestamp is 4 hours more westerly, not easterly at GMT would be. All the
servers and PCs involved point to the same timeserver and that seems fine.

I'm in the U.S. Eastern time zone. The variable, $todaysdate, that
picks up the localtime string shows the correct date and time, before it's
sent off with the Mailer header information but not when it's received from
my mail viewer, Windows Outlook. I notice that the properties on the
Outlook message shows the received and modified times for the message
properly but not the sent time. So it appears that somewhere between my
system, the SMTP server and my Exchange server, the message is getting its
timestamp altered. Any ideas?
Perhaps this module is what you want:
http://search.cpan.org/author/HATA/Mail-Date-0.08/

John
--
use Perl;
program

groupbeginners @
categoriesperl
postedJun 16, '03 at 7:13p
activeJun 16, '03 at 8:11p
websiteperl.org

2 users in discussion

Smith Jeff D: 3 posts John W. Krahn: 1 post