Nigel Peck [Nigel.Peck@itm-solutions.co.uk] quoth:
*>Are there any other PPM repositories worth noting other than the
*>standard ActiveState ones? (I know about the Mod_Perl one)

Since I don't do Wintel I don't know much about PPM but I'm aware of a few
things that may be helpful.

CPANPLUS is a 'still-in-development' replacement for the current CPAN.pm
and it also has a feature for making packages, including PPM. You can try
it at your own risk but I'm sure the dev team would appreciate any
constructive feedback should you find the PPM package maker doesn't do
what it should.

http://cpanplus.sourceforge.net/
http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2002/04/30/cpants.html

The latter discussees the testing interface.

http://jenda.krynicky.cz/
http://www.northbound-train.com/perlwin32.html

are also good resources.

One can also complain to ActiveState since it is their product afterall
and they may be more responsive if more people expressed an interest in a
current PPM archive. I know that one of the AS people _does_ keep such an
archive somewhere inside the organisation, but I don't recall if it is
publicly available or not. It may be just part of the 'premium' service
they sell but it can't hurt to ask about it.

e.

groupbeginners @
categoriesperl
postedJul 3, '02 at 2:15p