Teresa Raymond [traymond@mariposanet.com] quoth:
*>Which module is the easiest to learn and offers the best
*>encryption/decryption? There were so many that I did not feel
*>capable of choosing one at CPAN. Encryption/decryption for username
*>and passwords

Unix passwords use what is known as DES which is a 'one-way' encryption
scheme so if this is for system password encryption, I'd recommend you use
Crypt::DES or Crypt::Blowfish if you use OpenBSD though the crypt function
in perl is suitable for encrypting small amounts of data like passwords.

http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=Crypt-DES
http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=Crypt-Blowfish
http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=Crypt-CBC

Also, DES has been replaced with AES or Rijndael as the new 'Federal
Standard' which you might find interesting
http://csrc.nist.gov/encryption/aes/

e.

groupbeginners @
categoriesperl