On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 02:16:42PM -0600, Canavan, John wrote:
: Hopefully, at least some beginners would find this playful and entertaining
: enough that they'd be willing to work a little harder to understand the
: code. When I'm learning a new language, I enjoy reading playful but hard
: code some of the time.

Yes, I imagine it would be a fun thing for beginners to see. Some
might try hard to understand them. A teaser would be fine but, the
entirety of a one-liner thread most likley doesn't belong on the
beginners lists[*]. Not to mention, Fun With Perl is so low traffic
that if they are interested they can surely sign up.

* If someone is asking a question about "How to X in a one-liner",
it's probably ok here, to a point. That point gets pushed further
and further away the more usefull and real (for some value of real)
the one-liner is.

Casey West

--
Shooting yourself in the foot with dBase
You buy a gun. Bullets are only available from another company and are

groupbeginners @
categoriesperl
postedJul 30, '01 at 6:15p
activeJul 30, '01 at 9:40p