On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 04:40:56PM -0400, Casey West wrote: : On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 02:19:00PM -0700, Paul wrote:
: :
: : --- Casey West wrote:
: : > Yes, I imagine it would be a fun thing for beginners to see. Some
: : > might try hard to understand them. A teaser would be fine but, the
: : > entirety of a one-liner thread most likley doesn't belong on the
: : > beginners lists[*]. Not to mention, Fun With Perl is so low traffic
: : > that if they are interested they can surely sign up.
: :
: : 1) Is that a "let's drop this thread" request?
: : While *I* am having a ball with it, I'd rather not stress the
: : Nu-B's...
:
: I suppose it is, yes.

I should clarify. If this thread can continue with cool examples
*and* good explinations, there is no reason why it should be removed.
People will learn something from it. If those requirements can't be
met then, it probably won't be a very usefull thread. On FWP you
don't have to explain. Pick your poison. :-)

Casey West

is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer
professionals. We cause accidents.
-- Nathaniel Borenstein

groupbeginners @
categoriesperl