At 12:21 PM 7/30/01 -0700, I wrote:
It is beautiful, but I fear it could scare a beginner away. I'd rather
such brilliance were directed to the Fun With Perl list than exposed to
people many of whom are no doubt still wondering whether Perl is a
write-only language.
Harrumph, I wasn't caught up with the earlier part of the thread, so I
apologize for picking on Jeff. Besides, it's appropriately marked [OT].

The whole thread is still scary for a beginner, though. Let's all focus on
being clear rather than clever. There's a list called FWP (see
lists.perl.org) for the latter.
Which might be a cue for Tim Maher to pipe up and talk about his "minimal
Perl" dialect, if he's here...
--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies