Hi Randal!

Thank you very much for your commentary. Now for my comments.
On Sunday 02 October 2005 14:17, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
"Shlomi" == Shlomi Fish <shlomif@iglu.org.il> writes:
Shlomi> Hi good people,
Shlomi> there's a new web-site for Perl beginners - perlmeme.org -

Shlomi> http://perlmeme.org/

Unless it's hidden, I'm not finding any obvious link there to the
defacto standard location for Perl beginners, <http://learn.perl.org>.
That may be possible. Perlmeme.org is still under constant development, and
many important content and links are missing. As far as I'm concerned a link
to learn.perl.org should be added very soon, at the very least because it
also contains some online books including the first edition of Beginning
Perl.
I think this represents broken integrity on your part, since you
appear to be trying to replace learn.perl.org, not supplement it, so
you're attempting to fracture the community, not enhance it.
Just a note: while being a perlmeme.org contributor I am by no means am
leading this project. I'm sorry if I gave this impression, but my intention
in the original message was to just publicize perlmeme.org. I believe Simon
Taylor (CCed to this message) and other collaborators of his, are more of an
authority as far as perlmeme.org is concerned.

I believe they'll gladly accept any good patches to the site, either from
Randal or from someone else.
If you add a prominent link to learn.perl.org, I will withdraw my
complaint.
OK. Just note that perlmeme.org is a very different site that learn.perl.org
(and to some extent perl-begin.berlios.de) and they both fill different
niches. I'm still looking for more contributors for perl-begin, including
people who can populate its wiki with useful content:

http://perl-begin.berlios.de/Wiki/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page

Thanks again!

Regards,

Shlomi Fish