Hi!

Thanks for all your answers. And of course you are right, when you
say that I just have to benchmark it.

After struggling with some minor problems with Yaswi from mod_perl, I
can now say that the performance impact is indeed quite small when
using Language::Prolog::Yaswi.

I compared
- Language::Prolog::Yaswi from within a mod_perl application,
- the same mod_perl framework without calls ti L::P::Yaswi,
- the pure prolog httpd that is delivered with SWI Prolog.

I used the threaded stress tester that comes with the swi prolog
htttpd and measured time needed for 10000 requests from 8 threads).
(Apache 1.3, mod_perl 1, Athlon 1800+)

- mod_perl+Yaswi takes about 29sec.
- plain mod_perl takes about 26sec.
- httpd from swi takes about 20sec.

As you can see, using Yaswi doesn't make my application much slower
than it already is.

GreetinX
Steffen
--