--- Steffen Schwigon wrote:

Hi!

I'm about to intermix a Perl web application with SWI-Prolog.
Currently Language::Prolog::Yaswi seems to be useful.

The prolog part ought to solve only one particular problem,
everything else is a mod_perl driven web app.

Now I'm not sure about its performance. I expect about 1 to 3
requests
per second at peak times and I don't know yet how long my prolog
programm will take.

Does Language::Prolog::Yaswi start a new "pl" process for every
query?
No. It uses SWI-Prolog as a library, and the queries run inside the
perl process. L::P::Y just converts data structures between perl and
prolog. The overhead is relatively small, though it depends on how
big the data structures passing through the interface are.

Cheers,

- Salvador

http://mail.yahoo.com

groupai @