Grokbase Groups Perl ai January 2005

--- Salvador Fandiño wrote:
oops, sorry, I didn't get your mails, maybe they were classified as
spam by the yahoo filter and I only check my spam from time to time
because I got too much :-(

Please, send me your comments again and I would try to fix the bugs.

Anyway, I will upload a new version supporting latest SWI-Prologs
soon, the problems are nothing serious, caused by some minnor changes
to the prolog package layout on disk. Just two lines have to be
changed on one of the Makefiles :-)
Wonderful news, Salvador!

Below my sign-off is my original email to you on the subect.

Also, I was wondering if you could share an example of how I would
translate this (I hadn't gotten far enough with Yaswi to figure out how
math works.)

steals(PERP, STUFF) :-
thief(PERP),
value(STUFF, EUROS),
EUROS > 100.

Cheers,
Ovid

(original email)

Hello Salvador,

I was hoping to install Language::Prolog::Yaswi. I recently compiled
Perl with threads and installed (and manually tested) SWI-Prolog. Your
module compiles just fine, but when I try to run the tests I get the
following errors:

t/1Low.......NOK 1# Failed test (t/1Low.t at line 9)
# Tried to use 'Language::Prolog::Yaswi::Low'.
# Error: Can't load
'/home/ovid/temp/Language-Prolog-Yaswi-0.04/blib/arch/auto/Language/Prolog/Yaswi/Low/Low.so'
for module Language::Prolog::Yaswi::Low:
/home/ovid/temp/Language-Prolog-Yaswi-0.04/blib/arch/auto/Language/Prolog/Yaswi/Low/Low.so:
undefined symbol: PL_initialise at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.6/i686-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line
230.

This was with swi-prolog 5.4.5. When I dropped down to 5.2.13,
everything worked just fine and installed beautifully. Do you have any
plans to have this module support newer versions of Prolog?

Cheers,
Ovid

=====
If this message is a response to a question on a mailing list, please send
follow up questions to the list.

Web Programming with Perl -- http://users.easystreet.com/ovid/cgi_course/

groupai @
categoriesperl