Can anyone shed some light on the differences between:

AI::NeuralNet::Mesh
(http://www.openbsd.org/2.9_packages/m68k/p5-AI-NeuralNet-Mesh-0.44.tgz-long
.html)
and
AI::NeuralNet::BackProp
(http://search.cpan.org/author/JBRYAN/AI-NeuralNet-BackProp-0.77/BackProp.pm
)

It looks like they both come from Josiah Bryan and have similar but not
matching PODs, different contributor lists... It also looks like they share
a mailing list, but PODs from both haven't been updated since 2000 (July for
BackProp, Sept. for Mesh). It also appears that the constructor for
BackProp does not take the arguments as described in the POD, but rather the
same as Mesh. And why is Mesh not on CPAN?

I've been scrounging for a good Perl implementation of neural network
components, and am still dying to see that holy grail: flexible architecture
specifications and fast training. Maybe a wrapper around the Neural Network
Utility C++ library? (http://sourceforge.net/projects/nn-utility/)

I'm not strong enough to tackle it myself, but if I can assist anyone on
this let me know.

Thanks everyone, this is a wonderful resource!

Dan

groupai @
categoriesperl
postedSep 12, '03 at 3:44p