After training the neural network, assuming that I am using the same
training data every time (in
the same order), are the results deterministic across operating systems,
CPUs, Perl versions, etc?
From reading through the code, I don't see anything that would cause
problems here, but I'm not
sure.
Training neural networks is not generally deterministic, but not for the
reasons you mention. Neural networks are trained on data, but start with a
random initializations. This random initialization can lead to different
trained networks even when two networks are trained with the same data on
the same machine.

A test suite should be robust enough to handle the variations in trained
nets (linear functions may be more repeatable, and adequate for architecture
and basic testing purposes).

DanVK

groupai @
categoriesperl