Grokbase Groups Perl ai April 2002

Matt Youell wrote:
AI::Categorize. Tasks like categorization, taxonomy, etc. seem to be less
"AI" and more Knowledge Management (KM).
I dunno. That really depends on what you define as AI.
Traditionally, the AI net is cast broadly enough to cover
those things.

Knowledge Management is an existing
term that's common in Fortune 500 settings (vs. academia), and there are
many active products exploring that market right now. It's a common enough
term to be recognized, still broad,
And this touches on the heart of the problem, as I've described in
another email. It's not that "AI" carries a lot of baggage... So what?
It's that the category is just TOO broad!

I actually like "ML::", except for the fact that it would no doubt
have other meanings to other people.
(Someone said there is no precedent for top-level names for
other languages. In fact, there is "C::", but admittedly
that's a special case.)

And I'm thinking that acronyms are probably suboptimal, in general.

--
John Douglas Porter

groupai @
categoriesperl