From: jpnolan
Sent: Tuesday April 30, 2002 13:31
To: perl-ai@perl.org
Subject: Re: An ML:: namespace?

--- Ken Williams wrote:
1) "AI" is sort of a loaded term, and attracts its
fair share of wackos. For this reason, many researchers
eschew it.

2) Many interesting things would fit better into
"Machine Learning" than they would into AI, just because
they don't really claim to be "intelligent", but they
do learn from observed data.