Grokbase Groups Perl ai August 2001
I've been sitting here trying to checkout my purchases at amazon.com
for the last 30 minutes now and every time I'm about to log out, some
new Perl/Apache book catches my eye in the sidebar and I end up
adding it to my cart too... I hope to be checked out by noon at this
rate. :)

Amazon.com uses Perl heavily, but the exact technologies behind their
unrivaled personalization engine are of course not disclosed.

Would anyone care to hypothesize how one might architect such a
personalization server using open-source Perl modules?

I guess it just boils down to making weighted correlations between
the categories that they have for products and member-created lists
and your frequency of searching for and buying things within those
categories.

I consider this topic to be somewhere between informatics and AI, so
I hope this isn't considered too off-thread.

groupai @
categoriesperl
postedAug 28, '01 at 5:07p
activeAug 29, '01 at 4:38a