Grokbase Groups Perl ai August 2001

On Sat, Aug 11, 2001 at 03:02:25PM -0600, Nathan Torkington wrote:
I've been reading a bit on molecular biology and bioinformatics, and I
really felt resonance with Danny Hillis's definition of AI as anything
we're using computers for but don't understand yet.
I think of AI as the study of programming situations where either don't
know what you want, or don't know how to get it.
- Sean Burke
I understand that there are a lot of people in AI trying to make sense
of the dirty data using classification and so on. Are any of those
people on this list? I'd love to hear what you're working on.
I can put you in touch with a couple of bioinformatics/Perl people, but
I don't know how much or if that would help.

Simon
--
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.
-H.S. Thompson

groupai @
categoriesperl
postedAug 11, '01 at 9:03p