Grokbase Groups Perl ai August 2001
I've been reading a bit on molecular biology and bioinformatics, and I
really felt resonance with Danny Hillis's definition of AI as anything
we're using computers for but don't understand yet. I'm amazed at how
much noisy information is being generated by the various sequencing
projects, and how much of a black art the interpretation of the
results are.

I understand that there are a lot of people in AI trying to make sense
of the dirty data using classification and so on. Are any of those
people on this list? I'd love to hear what you're working on.

Nat

groupai @
categoriesperl
postedAug 11, '01 at 9:03p