Grokbase Groups Perl ai May 2001

Simon Cozens wrote:

*cough*
<listadmin>
So, anyone actually want to talk about AI? You've gone past advocacy, that's
the previous door on the right.
</listadmin>
Look:

1 - I was in the process of coding something from a book on AI
2 - A cornerstone of research using AI is which language you use
3 - I came across an example of how Perl was clearly less suited for a
well-known AI pattern-matcher from a well-known text
4 - I was hoping that this inadequacy would be of interest and
discussion to a bunch of people who feel that Perl and AI make a good
combination where for the example showed, they clearly are not.