Grokbase Groups Perl ai May 2001

On Wed, 23 May 2001, CIO wrote:

Hello All,

I'm brand new to real AI and was wondering if those on the list who are
interested
in helping out a newbie could point me in the right direction as to what
I can read
to get me up to speed with AI.

To be more specific my interests lye in creating a pole / response
program which
can recognize human language and learn from its inputted data.
<snip>

My advice is not even think about doing actual tasks until you have an
understanding of the field and don't consider yourself a newbie. There are
lots of high level sites for this...

This list is mainly for people with academic or pragmatic approaches to
problem solving in AI to flame each other, and for people who don't know
what namespace to put their modules... :)

Paris Sinclair