Grokbase Groups Perl ai May 2001

I want to believe.
What, that Perl can be as fast as C for typical real-world
tasks? I'd like to too, but I already know better.
...and just when someone was saying that the list _never_ has flame
wars... :P

I think y'all missing the point. The original premise that "perl is not
fast enough _for_AI_" is incorrect IMHO. This is not about raw execution
speed! Perl is ace for modelling sh!t and definately has a place in my
AI hacking toolkit. I don't give a damn if it aint the bleedingest
lightningest-fast thing on two bits

And prototyping speed is also important, which I find perl excells at.