Grokbase Groups Perl ai December 2000

Steve Purkis wrote:
I'd like to start a discussion on a couple of things regarding AI &
CPAN... Firstly, I'd like to know if it is possible to reserve the
toplevel Namespace "AI" for modules pertaining to Artificial
Intelligence on CPAN. And secondly, I was wondering if it would be
possible to create a new category for AI in the Module List Chapter?
I discovered a couple days ago that the AI:: modules are present on
www.cpan.org/ , but not on www.perl.org/CPAN-local/ . Strange. Maybe
just an outdated mirror or something.

I plan to work on a couple AI:: modules very soon, like a Genetic
Algorithms framework (AI::GA ?), essentially a packaged version of the
TPJ article Brad & I wrote a couple years ago, and a document
categorization system (AI::Bayes or AI::Categorize::NaiveBayes or
something).

Ken Williams Last Bastion of Euclidity
ken@forum.swarthmore.edu The Math Forum

groupai @