Hi all,
On Tuesday 24 May 2011 22:57:27 Shlomi Fish wrote:
Hi all,

Can anyone here volunteer to write about Perl for http://perl.about.com/ ?
It's been suffering from a lot of neglect, and my application for a writer
there was rejected (see below).
Someone asked me (in private - :-( ) what my writing sample looked like, and
since this was a form submission and it was a long time ago, I don't recall
exactly, but I think they were these:

* http://www.shlomifish.org/lecture/Perl/Newbies/

* http://perl-begin.org/

Regards,

Shlomi Fish
Regards,

Shlomi Fish

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

Subject: RE: Guide Application for [Perl]
Date: Tuesday 24 May 2011, 18:01:03
From: jmola@about.com
To: shlomif@shlomifish.org, shlomif@gmail.com

Shlomi,

While we thank you for taking the time to apply to be an About.com Guide,
we have decided not to accept your application for entry into Prep. A few
common reasons why your application was not accepted include:

* We are looking for someone with more professional writing experience.
* We are looking for someone with more writing experience in the topic.
* We are looking for someone with different qualifications.
* The writing in the writing sample was not up to our standards or had
typographical errors.

If you feel that you did not represent yourself to your best advantage in
your application and you wish to apply again, you are more than welcome to
do so at http://beaguide.about.com. In addition, you may also be
interested in applying to be a writer for ConsumerSearch, a member of the
About, Inc. group of companies looking for writers to join their teams.
If so, we encourage you to apply via the following link:

* Consumer Search: http://www.consumersearch.com/www/jobs.html.

Thanks again for your application,

About.com Recruitment and Training Team